Two persons, including a 29-year-old Indian-origin man, have been sentenced to upto 10 years in jail for raping a 12-year-old girl in the UK.
Vinayak Rama and Reynold Carvalho have been jailed for raping the girl in a forest area in Leicester on October 1 last year.
Rama has been sentenced to 10 years and six months after admitting two counts of rape and Carvalho has been jailed for eight years and three months after pleading guilty to one offence of rape, the Leicester Mercury reported.
Rama, who was a passenger in a car driven by Carvalho, persuaded the victim to get in the vehicle and raped her in a secluded wooded area.
Detective Constable Helen Small, who investigated the case, said: “Rama and Carvalho enticed a young girl and took advantage of her vulnerability.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
During the court proceedings, the defendants said they did not know the girl was below the age of consent as the victim told them she was 17, the report said.
The prosecution contended that the girl did not consent but was compliant to what happened.