Two persons, including a 29-year-old Indian-origin man, have been sentenced to upto 10 years in jail for raping a 12-year-old girl in the UK.
Vinayak Rama and Reynold Carvalho have been jailed for raping the girl in a forest area in Leicester on October 1 last year.
Rama has been sentenced to 10 years and six months after admitting two counts of rape and Carvalho has been jailed for eight years and three months after pleading guilty to one offence of rape, the Leicester Mercury reported.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Rama, who was a passenger in a car driven by Carvalho, persuaded the victim to get in the vehicle and raped her in a secluded wooded area.
Detective Constable Helen Small, who investigated the case, said: “Rama and Carvalho enticed a young girl and took advantage of her vulnerability.”
During the court proceedings, the defendants said they did not know the girl was below the age of consent as the victim told them she was 17, the report said.
The prosecution contended that the girl did not consent but was compliant to what happened.