Indian-origin woman banker Britain anti-terrorism operation, Kuntal Patel, Non residence Indian, Britain, World news
An Indian-origin woman banker has arrested in Britain as part of an ongoing anti-terrorism operation in London.
Kuntal Patel, who works at Barclays Bank in Canary Wharf, has reportedly been under arrest since Sunday after her home in east London was raided by the Metropolitan Police’s Counter Terrorism Command.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
She is the daughter of magistrate Meena Patel, who sits on the bench at Thames Magistrates’ Court in east London.
“A 36-year-old woman (B) arrested on 26 January on suspicion of an offence under the Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001 remains in custody at an east London police station…We are not able to discuss further at this stage,” a Met Police statement said.
“Inquiries are ongoing as part of an intelligence-led pre-planned operation,” it added.
Ron Manley, a local councillor who has known the Patels for more than 20 years, described them as an “upstanding family”.
“Meena is a magistrate and used to work for a local authority, Kuntal works in the City and her younger daughter Poonam is a pharmacist. They are a Hindu family and I’ve known the two girls since they were at primary school. They have always been very polite, very nice girls,” he told ‘The Daily Telegraph’.
The son of Foreign Office diplomat Nicholas Sutcliffe, James, was also arrested as part of the operation earlier but has been released without charge triggering claims that counter-terror officials may have raided the wrong house. But the search operation at the Patel home remains ongoing.