An Indian-origin MBA student at the University of Cambridge has won accolades from British Foreign Secretary William Hague after winning a Twitter competition which asked a question regarding UK’s foreign policy.
Hague had asked his followers on Twitter to tweet the answer to a question: “What do you think is the biggest contribution UK foreign policy can make to the world?”
The winning entry was from Gopal Rao, who answered: “UK foreign policy should focus on emancipation of #girlsandwomen through enterprise, supported by vibrant #socent culture within UK. #meetFS.”
The prize was to meet the Foreign Secretary and live tweet an event, according to a statement by The Foreign and
Commonwealth Office (FCO).
Rao met Hague yesterday in the Foreign Office here and discussed the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative (PSVI). PSVI was launched on May 29, 2012 by Hague. It aims to strengthen and support international efforts to respond to sexual violence in conflict – including by enhancing the capacity of countries, institutions, and communities to support survivors and end impunity for perpetrators.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Thank you to Gopal for coming in to the Foreign Office today, and for the good discussion we had about preventing sexual violence in conflict,” Hague said after the meeting
“Through social media politicians have opportunities to engage a wider group of people than ever before, and this was a perfect example of the value of this,” he said.
After the meeting, Rao sat in on a part of the preventing sexual violence in conflict board meeting.
“Seeing the passion and dedication both of the Foreign Secretary and his team was incredible. The building is imposing but the people I met in the FCO are friendly and welcoming. I hope digital diplomacy reaps rewards,” Rao said.