An Indian-origin gay bank worker allegedly strangled his wife and burnt her body months after marrying her to hide his homosexuality, a British court has heard.
Jasvir Ram Ginday, 29, attacked Varkha Rani at their home in Walsall in Midlands with a metal pipe from a vacuum cleaner. He burnt her body in a garden incinerator but told a neighbour he had set fire to “general rubbish”, Wolverhampton Crown Court heard.
Ginday admits manslaughter but denies murder. Rani, 24, married Ginday in India in March last year and moved to the UK to live with him in August after being granted a visa, the court heard.
But Ginday had told a friend he was attracted to men as early as 2008, according to prosecutor Deborah Gould. About a month before Rani’s death on September 12 last year, someone at their home made an internet search for incinerators, she said, adding Ginday initially told police his wife had walked out on him after using him to gain entry to the UK.
Gould said: “His ultimate intention, the Crown suggests, was to play the role of victim, safe in the knowledge that he could rely upon his married status as a permanent excuse for never having to have another relationship with a woman.” Besides manslaughter, Ginday has admitted perverting the course of justice by lying to police, BBC reported.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More