A 47-year-old Indian-origin taxi driver in New Zealand on Friday admitted to killing his estranged wife, breaching a protection order against him.
Rajeshwar Singh pleaded guilty to a charge of murder and two of breaching a protection order in the High Court in Wellington.
A police summary says Singh, a Fiji national, fell out with his wife 38-year-old wife Sarwan Lata Singh after their toddler died in 2011, Stuff.co.nz website reported.
The couple had married in Fiji and came to New Zealand in 1998.
They separated in November, but Singh continued to threaten and follow his wife to the point she slept with a knife under her pillow and meat cleaver under her bed.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Singh had appeared in a court on October 28 last year for a protection order breach.
He was under a bail condition not to contact his wife or go to her house when he murdered her there on November 26.
In the early hours that day, Singh broke into her home and stabbed her to death.
He tried to hang himself in her garage afterwards, but police reached the spot before he died, Newstalk ZB reported.
He has been remanded in custody until sentencing on June 5, the reports said.