A 47-year-old Indian-origin taxi driver in New Zealand on Friday admitted to killing his estranged wife, breaching a protection order against him.
Rajeshwar Singh pleaded guilty to a charge of murder and two of breaching a protection order in the High Court in Wellington.
A police summary says Singh, a Fiji national, fell out with his wife 38-year-old wife Sarwan Lata Singh after their toddler died in 2011, Stuff.co.nz website reported.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The couple had married in Fiji and came to New Zealand in 1998.
They separated in November, but Singh continued to threaten and follow his wife to the point she slept with a knife under her pillow and meat cleaver under her bed.
Singh had appeared in a court on October 28 last year for a protection order breach.
He was under a bail condition not to contact his wife or go to her house when he murdered her there on November 26.
In the early hours that day, Singh broke into her home and stabbed her to death.
He tried to hang himself in her garage afterwards, but police reached the spot before he died, Newstalk ZB reported.
He has been remanded in custody until sentencing on June 5, the reports said.