A 41-year-old Indian man in Australia today pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting women on trains after offering to read their palms.
Ajay Chopra pleaded guilty to assaulting three women and attempting to assault two others on V/Line trains as they
travelled between Bendigo and Melbourne. Chopra, now prohibited from boarding trains between the
two stations, had approached five women in the age group of 20 to 30 years between February and October 2011.
Previous court hearings were told he approached the women offering to read their palms, according to media reports. He applied to the court for a suppression order to prevent reporting on the issue, saying he was embarrassed.
Judge Gerard Mullaly, however, said there was not a “skerrick” of a reason to suppress reporting so long as
Chopra’s victims were not identified. Chopra had his bail extended but has been asked to surrender his passport and not to leave Australia and report to police twice a week.
He will undergo a psychological assessment test before his plea hearing resumes in June.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review