An eminent Indian-American has been felicitated by top American lawmakers for his contribution to strengthening Indo-US ties.
A K Mago, the chairman of a Dallas-based business and investment consulting company, was felicitated at an event organised by the US India Chamber of Commerce in Dallas.
“If it weren’t for A K Mago, I would have not had the occasion to visit India,” top Republican Senator John Cornyn.
Cornyn, who is co-Chair of the Senate Indian Caucus, and co-founded it with then Senator Hillary Clinton attributed the formation of this only country-specific Caucus to Mago.
“AK more than anybody I know, has nourished and encouraged people like me and acknowledge the contribution that the Indian American community has made in the United States,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Praising the contribution of Mago in India-US ties, Congressman Pete Sessions said he played a key role in Texan understanding the people from this part of the world.
“There are days and nights when AK would travel and talk and be proud of the country that he knows and loves well,” he said.
The Indian Ambassador to the US, S Jaishankar, in a video message said, “He is a success story in the United States, a wonderful example of equality of opportunity that this society symbolises.”
Mago is a recipient of the Padmashri Award.