An eminent Indian-American has been felicitated by top American lawmakers for his contribution to strengthening Indo-US ties.
A K Mago, the chairman of a Dallas-based business and investment consulting company, was felicitated at an event organised by the US India Chamber of Commerce in Dallas.
“If it weren’t for A K Mago, I would have not had the occasion to visit India,” top Republican Senator John Cornyn.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Cornyn, who is co-Chair of the Senate Indian Caucus, and co-founded it with then Senator Hillary Clinton attributed the formation of this only country-specific Caucus to Mago.
“AK more than anybody I know, has nourished and encouraged people like me and acknowledge the contribution that the Indian American community has made in the United States,” he said.
Praising the contribution of Mago in India-US ties, Congressman Pete Sessions said he played a key role in Texan understanding the people from this part of the world.
“There are days and nights when AK would travel and talk and be proud of the country that he knows and loves well,” he said.
The Indian Ambassador to the US, S Jaishankar, in a video message said, “He is a success story in the United States, a wonderful example of equality of opportunity that this society symbolises.”
Mago is a recipient of the Padmashri Award.