A 34-year-old Indian-American has been sentenced to 33 months in jail and ordered to forfeit nearly USD 500,000 for distributing designer drugs in the US state of Pennsylvania.
Amerjit Singh Grewal from Lancaster will spend 33 months in a prison for distributing bath salts and synthetic marijuana, The Sentinel reported.
He was sentenced in US District Court on Thursday after pleading guilty to the unlawful distribution of bath salts.
Grewal obtained large quantities of bath salts and synthetic marijuana and then distributed the drugs to be sold in convenience stores and gas stations, according to federal prosecutors.
He allegedly sold almost a half-kilogramme of bulk bath salts to an undercover officer in the parking lot of a gas station near Grantville in March 2012.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
US District Court Judge Yvette Kane also ordered Grewal to forfeit approximately USD 500,000 seized by investigators from bank accounts held by Grewal and a co-defendant, Kulwinder Singh Grewal, who has not been sentenced, the report said.