A 34-year-old Indian-American has been sentenced to 33 months in jail and ordered to forfeit nearly USD 500,000 for distributing designer drugs in the US state of Pennsylvania.
Amerjit Singh Grewal from Lancaster will spend 33 months in a prison for distributing bath salts and synthetic marijuana, The Sentinel reported.
He was sentenced in US District Court on Thursday after pleading guilty to the unlawful distribution of bath salts.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Grewal obtained large quantities of bath salts and synthetic marijuana and then distributed the drugs to be sold in convenience stores and gas stations, according to federal prosecutors.
He allegedly sold almost a half-kilogramme of bulk bath salts to an undercover officer in the parking lot of a gas station near Grantville in March 2012.
US District Court Judge Yvette Kane also ordered Grewal to forfeit approximately USD 500,000 seized by investigators from bank accounts held by Grewal and a co-defendant, Kulwinder Singh Grewal, who has not been sentenced, the report said.