An Indian-American couple in the US has been arrested on the charges of crafting the doctors’ reports themselves and photocopying real physicians’ signatures onto the documents. Nita Patel and Kirtish Patel, both 51 and from Rockaway in New Jersey, face maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a USD 250,000 fine.
The couple, owner and operator of Biosound Medical Services and Heart Solutions of Parsippany, has been charged with one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, US Attorney, Paul J Fishman’s office said on Monday. Arrested from their residence in New Jersey on Monday, they were released on a USD 100,000 unsecured bond, with travel restricted to New Jersey unless given prior approval by pretrial services. They have been asked to surrender their passports.
In their complaint, prosecutors alleged that about half of diagnostic reports generated by Biosound in the past two years had a photocopied signature from a reading physician when no physician had actually seen, reviewed or interpreted the results. Rather than pay compensation to a reading physician, Kirtish allegedly would interpret the diagnostic results himself and Nita would either photocopy or electronically cut and paste a physician’s signature onto a diagnostic report that was drafted by an employee of Biosound and forwarded to the referring physician who ordered the testing.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations