An Indian-American has been appointed to a key post in the US Department of Treasury. Jawahar Kaliani has been appointed as the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Application Services Delivery (ASD) at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Department of Treasury.
Taking over the job from tomorrow, Kaliani will lead the development and implementation of complex applications to deliver secure business solutions that meet organisational priorities and support the agency’s mission of ensuring the safety and soundness of national banks and federal savings associations, a statement said.
“Jawahar’s experience has prepared him exceptionally well to serve in this role,” said OCC Chief Information Officer Edward Dorris. “He is ideally suited to be part of the agency’s senior information technology (IT) team to continue our efforts toward achieving best in class productivity, efficiency and quality for the OCC employees and supervised institutions that depend on us,” Dorris said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Kaliani joins the OCC from Amdocs Inc, where he served as vice president of Customer Operations Management and led the development, execution and delivery of large-scale services and business IT solutions supporting major telecommunications clients who managed more than USD 30 billion in annual billings.
He has 20 years of demonstrated experience delivering critical applications in a managed services environment, optimising efficiency and performance to meet the goals of industry leaders. During his career, Kaliani established, coached and mentored high-performing, cross-functional teams of more than 700 employees.
Kaliani holds an executive MBA from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a Bachelor of Engineering in IT and Electronics from Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI) in Mumbai and a Diploma of Engineering in IT and Electronics from BIT in Mumbai.