India has made arrangements to evacuate all its nationals, mainly students, from violence-hit Ukrainian city of Lugansk to Kyiv, top officials said on Tuesday. The evacuation arrangements were made in cooperation with the Ukrainian government, they said.
Indian authorities have arranged 500 train tickets for today to evacuate the Indian nationals. Another 500 train tickets have been arranged for tomorrow to evacuate the remaining Indian students and nationals.
In a letter to the Rector of Lugansk State Medical University, Indian Ambassador in Kyiv Rajiv K Chander said, “The university authorities may please inform the local administration about the en masse departure of the Indian students so that adequate security arrangements are made to enable them to reach the railway station safely.”
Chander requested the university authorities to ensure that the students board the train and leave Lugansk, some 800 kms from the Ukrainian capital Kyiv.
India last week issued an advisory asking its nationals to leave Donetsk and Lugansk regions in eastern Ukraine which is witnessing frequent violent clashes between pro-Russian separatists and government forces. In the advisory, it also asked citizens in the other
parts of eastern and southern Ukraine to remain vigilant about their personal safety and security.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Eastern Ukraine is witnessing a fierce escalation of violence between the two sides over the past few days. The violence started after Russia annexed Crimea – an autonomous peninsula within Ukraine with a Russian ethnic majority – in March following which the pro-Russian rebels seized control of parts of eastern Ukraine and demanded its independence.