A Hindu American body has strongly condemned the murder of a young IT professional in Pune on Monday and asked the authorities to bring perpetrators to justice.
“We at the foundation deplore communal violence of any kind,” said Suhag Shukla, executive director of Hindu America Foundation (HAF) on Thursday.
Mohasin Shaikh, 28, a resident of Bankar Colony in Pune suburb, was allegedly bludgeoned to death with hockey sticks by a group of Hindu Rashtra Sena men after uploading of an objectionable post on social networking website Facebook by unknown people which denigrated warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji and Shiv Sena chief late Bal Thackeray.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A total of 17 people have been arrested by police in connection with the murder of Mohasin Shaikh Sadiq.
“That the local authorities have already begun their investigation and made arrests is indeed encouraging.
We ask both the central and state governments to address this episode expeditiously and ensure that justice is served,” Shukla said.