Australia has appointed prominent investment adviser Ashok Jacob as the Chair of Australia-India Council (AIC).
Jacob’s appointment would be effective from this year till 2019. His impressive business record and extensive contacts in both countries would assist in strengthening Australia’s relationship with India, said an official statement.
AIC was established in 1992 to promote people-to-people and institutional links between the two countries with a focus on education, science and technology, sport, public policy, heritage and arts sectors.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jacob is Chairman and Chief Investment Officer of Ellerston Capital and also a director of Crown Ltd, Consolidated Press Holdings, Visy Australia, Thorney Opportunities Ltd, MRF Ltd (Chennai) and Malayala Manorama Newspaper Group (Kottayam).
Jacob’s appointment was announced by the Governor-General Peter Cosgrove.