An 18-month-old pooch, who measures 7ft 4in standing on his hind legs, has become the ‘tallest dog in Britain’.
The Great Dane, named Freddy, lives with owner Claire Stoneman, in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.
The dog measures 41 inches from foot to shoulder blade and is said to be still growing.
Although no official measurement has been made, Freddy is almost tall enough to take the current Guinness World Record from Zeus, a four-year-old Great Dane from Michigan, US, who is 44 inches tall from foot to shoulder blade.
Freddy is already significantly larger than Britain’s current recorded biggest dog Samson, who is 6ft 6in when stood on his hind legs, ‘mirror.co.uk’ reported.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Freddy now weighs a massive 70 kg but began life as the runt of the litter. However, he experienced an astonishing growth spurt to reach his current size.
The dog’s gigantic size may cause concern to other canines so Stoneman gets up extra early in the morning to take Freddy for his daily walk.
Stoneman said she spends 4,000 pounds a year on standard dog food alone.