A Ukrainian security official says the head of the country’s Black Sea fleet has been dismissed and faces a treason investigation after declaring allegiance to the pro-Russian government of the Crimea region.
Deputy National Security Council Secretary Viktoria Siumar told journalists at a briefing that Adm. Denis Berezovsky had been fired and replaced by another officer. She said he had offered no resistance when his headquarters was surrounded and then transferred his allegiance to the regional parliament in Crimea.
The parliament has elected a pro-Russian leader who says he does not recognize the newly elected central government. Siumar said his headquarters was surrounded by pro-Russian forces.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free