In a horrific act of cruelty, a UK woman killed her pet cat by cooking it in a microwave because she thought it had eaten her goldfish. Twenty-three-year-old Laura Cunliffe pleaded guilty to putting her four-month-old pet Mowgli in the microwave for five minutes after it apparently attacked her goldfish.
Cunliffe, from Hoyland, northern England, then removed the kitten from the appliance where the suffering animal was still alive. The cat died about 90 minutes later after it was removed from the oven, ‘Metro’ reported. The kitten had its internal organs cooked, a court heard. “The kitten was in a distressed state when Miss Cunliffe took it out of the oven,” said Brian Orsborn, prosecuting for The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA).
“(It) could not get its breath and died about 90 minutes later,” said Orsborn. The report said Cunliffe will be sentenced next month after pleading guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing