External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid met his British counterpart William Hague on Friday and discussed bilateral matters and foreign policy issues.
The two leaders reviewed bilateral relations between India and the UK and also discussed current regional issues in South Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
“I was delighted to welcome my counterpart in India, minister Salman Khurshid in Commonwealth Week, which aptly reflects the spirit of our friendship and motivation toward the shared goals and values of Britain and India”, UK Foreign Secretary Hague said after the meeting.
“We discussed a wide range of issues, including bilateral matters and foreign policy issues in South Asia, West Asia and Europe. We agreed to keep in close touch on these and other issues as part of our continued commitment to a stronger, wider and deeper relationship between the UK and India”. Hague also briefed the visiting minister on his Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict Initiative.
Khurshid is in London to attend the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) at the Commonwealth Secretariat here.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Earlier this week, the UK and India held talks on multilateral affairs, including reform of the UN Security Council, UN Peacekeeping and Post-2015 Development Agenda and issues in the Middle East, as part of their regular engagement on topics of shared interest.