Russian President Vladimir Putin promised on Tuesday to do everything possible to influence pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine and help ensure a full probe into the Malaysia Airlines crash last week.
However he added that it would not be enough with Kiev’s continuing military operation against the rebels, adding that the West must push Ukraine’s authorities to declare a ceasefire.
“Russia will do everything in its power for a full, comprehensive, deep and transparent investigation,” Putin told a meeting of the national security council, according to excerpts broadcast by Russian state television.
“We are asked to exert influence on the militants of the south-east (of Ukraine). Of course we will do everything in our power.
“However this would be absolutely inadequate” given fresh attacks by Ukrainian troops, said Putin.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Tanks broke through to the train station,” he said of Monday’s clashes on the outskirts of Donetsk.
“International experts who came to the tragedy could not lift their heads.”
Ukrainian “authorities must be called upon to abide by elementary decency, to introduce a ceasefire, at least for a short time for the investigation,” Putin added.