Russian President Vladimir Putin promised on Tuesday to do everything possible to influence pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine and help ensure a full probe into the Malaysia Airlines crash last week.
However he added that it would not be enough with Kiev’s continuing military operation against the rebels, adding that the West must push Ukraine’s authorities to declare a ceasefire.
“Russia will do everything in its power for a full, comprehensive, deep and transparent investigation,” Putin told a meeting of the national security council, according to excerpts broadcast by Russian state television.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are asked to exert influence on the militants of the south-east (of Ukraine). Of course we will do everything in our power.
“However this would be absolutely inadequate” given fresh attacks by Ukrainian troops, said Putin.
“Tanks broke through to the train station,” he said of Monday’s clashes on the outskirts of Donetsk.
“International experts who came to the tragedy could not lift their heads.”
Ukrainian “authorities must be called upon to abide by elementary decency, to introduce a ceasefire, at least for a short time for the investigation,” Putin added.