The Russian Defense Ministry says its units in the western regions bordering Ukraine are preparing for a journey to their home bases in line with President Vladimir Putin’s order.
Putin ordered the withdrawal yesterday in what could be an attempt to ease tensions with the West over Ukraine.
Putin’s order appears to go further than his claim two weeks ago that troops were being pulled back from the border to shooting ranges.
The US and NATO, which estimates that Russia has 40,000 troops along the border with Ukraine, said they saw no immediate sign of a pullout after Putin’s claim.
The Defense Ministry on Tuesday said that its forces in the Bryansk, Belgorod and Rostov regions are dismantling their summer camps in preparation for a march to their home bases.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More