US President Barack Obama spoke with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin over telephone about the deal reached between Ukrainian government and opposition and agreed that it should be implemented quickly. During the conversation, the two leaders said that it was very important to encourage all sides to refrain from violence. Putin affirmed that Russia wants to remain part of the implementation process.
They also talked about the need to stabilise the Ukrainian economy and to get Ukraine back on a peaceful path. And on both sides, there was a pledge to stay engaged along with the Europeans, a senior US official said. The White House said the two leaders besides exchanging views on Ukraine also spoke about the situation in Syria, concerns over the humanitarian crisis and the necessity of a strong UN Security Council resolution on the issue.
In addition, they discussed US-Russian cooperation in the P5+1 process on Iran. The President also congratulated Russia on its hosting of the Olympic games, the White House said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls