The US invited British celebrity chef Nigella Lawson to reapply for a visa Thursday after she was blocked from entering at the weekend, reportedly for her admissions of cocaine use.
A spokeswoman for the US embassy in London declined to specify why Lawson had been barred from flying from Heathrow to Los Angeles on Sunday, after a newspaper report linked the incident to the chef’s past drug use.
But the spokeswoman suggested the 54-year-old “Domestic Goddess” should visit the embassy to reapply for a visa, saying any request would be dealt with “routinely and expeditiously”.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Lawson admitted last year to taking cocaine and cannabis in the past, as she appeared as a witness in the trial of two former personal assistants who were later cleared of fraud.
British police reviewed Lawson’s evidence but announced they would not be bringing any charges.
In a front page story Thursday, the Daily Mail tabloid suggested the chef was stopped from flying because of her admission of drug use.
The US embassy spokeswoman confirmed Lawson was unable to fly but declined to say which for privacy reasons.