Britain’s most heavily-tattooed man has been denied a passport for having an unusual name. His name reads “King of Ink Land King Body Art The Extreme Ink-Ite”. The 34-year-old, previously known as Mathew Whelan, adopted the moniker by deed poll four years ago, The Independent reported. “This is a breach of my human rights,” he was quoted by the daily. “They want to put my birth name on my passport. But that is not my name any more,” he argued.
The passport office refused to issue the document to Body Art, as he is known in short, despite his new name already showing on his driving license. Body Art has spent more than 25,000 pounds covering his skin in tattoos, including the whites of his eyeballs. He was planning to travel overseas, where he had been offered body modification work.
But despite filling out the relevant forms and paying the 72.50 pounds fee, the passport office sent him a letter on January 15 that said they were sticking to their policy and could not issue a passport because of his name. The government agency told the Birmingham Mail that a policy section regarding “strings of words or phrases” meant his name was not admissible. “When an applicant changes his or her name to a string of words or phrases that would not normally be recognised as a name, this should not be entered on to the personal details page of the passport,” the section reads.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Body Art has now sent an official complaint letter to the passport office and is awaiting a reply.