Britain’s most heavily-tattooed man has been denied a passport for having an unusual name. His name reads “King of Ink Land King Body Art The Extreme Ink-Ite”. The 34-year-old, previously known as Mathew Whelan, adopted the moniker by deed poll four years ago, The Independent reported. “This is a breach of my human rights,” he was quoted by the daily. “They want to put my birth name on my passport. But that is not my name any more,” he argued.
The passport office refused to issue the document to Body Art, as he is known in short, despite his new name already showing on his driving license. Body Art has spent more than 25,000 pounds covering his skin in tattoos, including the whites of his eyeballs. He was planning to travel overseas, where he had been offered body modification work.
But despite filling out the relevant forms and paying the 72.50 pounds fee, the passport office sent him a letter on January 15 that said they were sticking to their policy and could not issue a passport because of his name. The government agency told the Birmingham Mail that a policy section regarding “strings of words or phrases” meant his name was not admissible. “When an applicant changes his or her name to a string of words or phrases that would not normally be recognised as a name, this should not be entered on to the personal details page of the passport,” the section reads.
Body Art has now sent an official complaint letter to the passport office and is awaiting a reply.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More