A French restaurant has come up with a unique way to reduce wastage of food – by charging a fine from customers who don’t eat everything on their plates.
Customers at the Patrizietta restaurant in Losone in the canton of Ticino face a fine if they don’t lick their plates clean.
According to the 20 Minutes newspaper, for those who do not finish the whole meal an extra five francs is added to the bill.
The restaurateur Giovanni Tafuro, who took over in April very soon became conscious of the amount of food being wasted through the lunchtime buffet, ‘The Local’ reported.
“I wanted to send a strong signal. It made me sick to see so much food being thrown out,” Tafuro said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The fine came into effect from Monday and the customers are being fore-warned.
Tafuro said the five-franc fine was symbolic, and he mainly wanted to raise awareness about the problem.