Prince George’s first paparazzi pictures have been published by a magazine with surprisingly no complaint from the Kensington Palace, which has raised serious objections to “private” photographs in the past. Photographs of Kate Middleton getting off a plane en route to Mustique with Britain’s future monarch appeared on the cover of Hello! magazine and across eight inside pages.
This is the first time pictures of the six-month-old Prince George have been published and sold to the magazine by a freelance photographer since his christening last October.
The 32-year-old Duchess of Cambridge’s silence appeared to be at odds with past objections to “private” photographs of her taken in public places, and raises the question of whether she is exercising “image control” rather than protecting her privacy, legal experts were quoted by The Telegraph as saying. While Prince William and Kate have taken legal action in the past over “off-duty” photographs, Kensington Palace indicated to Hello! that it would not take action on this occasion if it published the photos, the report said.
Royal sources were quoted by the daily as saying that Kensington Palace had not objected to the pictures, in which the Duchess is groomed and smiling, because they were taken “in a public place, without any harassment or pursuit”. Yet only last week, the Palace had asked newspapers not to print photographs of a grumpy-looking Duke of Cambridge getting off a train at Cambridge station. The photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge, carrying Prince George on her hip, were taken as she and her family got off a British Airways flight in the Caribbean and switched to a smaller aircraft for the short hop to Mustique, where the family have been celebrating Carole Middleton’s 59th birthday.
The Duke of Cambridge, who is in the middle of a 10-week course at Cambridge University, did not join them. Front page photographs of the Prince in a pale blue romper suit and sunhat were accompanied by the headline, “Hasn’t he grown! Prince George’s first holiday as doting Kate jets off on a sunshine family break.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
William and Kate are still fighting a privacy battle in the French courts over photographs of the Duchess sunbathing at a French villa which were taken from a public road.