Britain’s royal family has released the first official photos of month-old Princess Charlotte, photographed by her mother in the arms of elder brother Prince George.
Kensington Palace issued four images Saturday, taken by the Duchess of Cambridge in mid-May at Anmer Hall, the family’s home in eastern England.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are expecting third #royalbaby and Twitterati can't keep calm
- Kate Middleton and Prince William expecting their third child
- UK's Prince William and wife Kate Middleton expecting third child: Kensington Palace
- Prince William, Kate Middleton on a three-day visit to Germany
- Two-year-old Prince George skips nap time, meets Obamas in his pyjamas
- Prince George to start nursery from New Year
They show Charlotte propped on a pillow, cradled by George, who turns 2 in July. Charlotte wears a white sweater, the prince a white top trimmed in blue.
Britain’s royals have been photographed by some of the world’s leading photographers. But Prince William and Kate are continuing a more informal tradition begun two years ago with the first official portrait of Prince George, taken by his grandfather Michael Middleton.
Charlotte was born May 2 and is fourth in line to the throne.