British Prime Minister David Cameron warned Kremlin chief Vladimir Putin on Monday that the European Union was ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia after separatists downed a Malaysia Airlines plane with the loss of 298 lives.
“Russia needs to know that action will follow if there isn’t a radical change in the way they behave,” Cameron said. “The EU will be ready to take further steps.”
Cameron, who spoke by telephone to French President Francois Hollande and German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Sunday, said sanctions could hit advanced industrial goods that might have dual uses for defence purposes. He gave no further details.
Cameron said President Putin should ensure Russian-backed separatists in Ukraine gave full access to the site where the plane hit the ground but also bluntly told the Kremlin to stop supplying weapons to the rebels.
He added in a broadcast TV clip: “We need no more weapons crossing the border, no more troops crossing the border, no more support for the separatists – respect for the Ukrainian territorial integrity, that is what is required and that is what must be pushed for.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More