In a cruel twist of fate, an Australian family who lost two of their members in the MH370 crash on Friday learned that two more from their extended family were on the ill-fated Malaysian plane shot down over Ukraine.
Irene and George Burrows of central Queensland are still mourning their son Rodney and his wife Mary who were on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 over the southern Indian Ocean.
The Burrows have now learned that their step-granddaughter Maree Rizk and her husband Albert, from Sunbury near Melbourne, were among the Australians killed on flight MH17.
The two were returning home from a month-long holiday with friends in Europe, ABC News reported.
The Boeing 777 was carrying 298 people, including 28 Australians, when it was shot down by a surface-to-air missile over rebel-held territory in Ukraine. The plane was en route to the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur, from Amsterdam.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016