A 94-year-old man has been sentenced to an year in prison for sexually abusing a school girl for over a period of 10 years from 1972, becoming the oldest sex offender ever to be jailed in the UK.
Frederick Smith had sexually assaulted the victim a number of times in a shack used by bus drivers for refreshment breaks.
“As frail as you are, bent over your Zimmer frame, justice cries out that you be sent to prison for your crimes,” said Judge David Goodin while sentencing Smith to an year in jail.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The victim had feared he would kill her if she reported him, UK’s Daily Mirror reported.
Smith, who used to work for Premier Travel in Haverhill, admitted four offences of indecent assault between 1972 and 1982. He also admitted one charge of indecency with a child from 1972 to 1976.
Smith, oldest sex offender to be jailed in the UK, was taken from a care home to Ipswich Crown court after the victim reported him.