A 21-year-old woman in the UK has saved her mother’s life by donating her a kidney.
Milissa Hutchinson from Walsall went under the knife on Valentine’s Day to donate a kidney to her 49-year-old mother, Mandy, who had been suffering from kidney failure for more than a year.
Milissa immediately volunteered to help Mandy when she needed a life-saving operation after her body’s immune system began attacking both her kidneys, ‘The Express and Star’ reported.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Mandy fell ill from the rare condition and was on dialysis for more than a year while waiting for the operation.
She suffers from a rare immune condition which is thought to occur after pregnancy.
It develops when some cells from the baby remain inside the mother and her body starts to attack them, the report said.
She was admitted to Walgrave University Hospital in Coventry, where her immune system was shut down to allow her to have the operation.
Milissa was back home just a week after the life-saving operation and is now recovering.