A 21-year-old woman in the UK has saved her mother’s life by donating her a kidney.
Milissa Hutchinson from Walsall went under the knife on Valentine’s Day to donate a kidney to her 49-year-old mother, Mandy, who had been suffering from kidney failure for more than a year.
Milissa immediately volunteered to help Mandy when she needed a life-saving operation after her body’s immune system began attacking both her kidneys, ‘The Express and Star’ reported.
Mandy fell ill from the rare condition and was on dialysis for more than a year while waiting for the operation.
She suffers from a rare immune condition which is thought to occur after pregnancy.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It develops when some cells from the baby remain inside the mother and her body starts to attack them, the report said.
She was admitted to Walgrave University Hospital in Coventry, where her immune system was shut down to allow her to have the operation.
Milissa was back home just a week after the life-saving operation and is now recovering.