12-year-old girl and her 13-year-old boyfriend have become the youngest parents in UK following the birth of their baby daughter.
The girl was still in primary school when she conceived. She gave birth to a daughter over the weekend and both are said to be in good health.
The young couple, from north London, who posted a photo of their new arrival online, have vowed to stay together as a family, ‘The Mirror’ reported.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is five months younger than the UK’s previous youngest mother.
The girl’s 27-year-old mother has becomes one of the Britain’s youngest-ever grandmothers.
“The baby’s mum and dad have been in a relationship for more than a year, so this isn’t a fleeting romance. They intend to stick together and bring their daughter up together,” a source was quoted as saying by ‘The Sun’.
“Both sets of grandparents are incredibly supportive. It’s a very difficult situation because the parents are both so young – but their families are right behind them,” the source said.
In 2006, Tressa Middleton, the Britain’s previous youngest mother, gave birth in Edinburgh aged 12 years and eight months.
Lina Medina from Ticrapo, Peru, became the world’s youngest mother in 1939, the report said.
She gave birth to a son at the tender age of five years and seven months.