12-year-old girl and her 13-year-old boyfriend have become the youngest parents in UK following the birth of their baby daughter.
The girl was still in primary school when she conceived. She gave birth to a daughter over the weekend and both are said to be in good health.
The young couple, from north London, who posted a photo of their new arrival online, have vowed to stay together as a family, ‘The Mirror’ reported.
The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is five months younger than the UK’s previous youngest mother.
The girl’s 27-year-old mother has becomes one of the Britain’s youngest-ever grandmothers.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The baby’s mum and dad have been in a relationship for more than a year, so this isn’t a fleeting romance. They intend to stick together and bring their daughter up together,” a source was quoted as saying by ‘The Sun’.
“Both sets of grandparents are incredibly supportive. It’s a very difficult situation because the parents are both so young – but their families are right behind them,” the source said.
In 2006, Tressa Middleton, the Britain’s previous youngest mother, gave birth in Edinburgh aged 12 years and eight months.
Lina Medina from Ticrapo, Peru, became the world’s youngest mother in 1939, the report said.
She gave birth to a son at the tender age of five years and seven months.