Terming the Israel attack a “universal shame”, Chris Gunness, spokesman for UNRWA, broke down on live TV while expressing his disappointment over Israeli attacks on Gaza Strip.
Condemning the attack on a UNRWA-run school, Gunness said Israel was told 17 times that the school housed displaced people.
In the video, the UN member is seen chocking while speaking about the attacks and finally breaking down with loud cries.
More than 180,000 people have been displaced from their homes in Gaza, mostly taking shelter in UNRWA run schools, following warning from Israel of attacks in their neighbourhood.
With no end in sight, the so-far longest conflict between Israel and Hamas has resulted in the death of 1360 Palestinians and injuries to more than 6,000.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016