A day after a Taliban suicide bomber killed five foreign guards in Kabul, it has emerged that two of the victims were Indian nationals. Both were employed as security guards with American company DynCorp in the Afghan capital, official sources confirmed on Wednesday.
The two belonged to Kerala and arrangements were being made to bring back their bodies, the sources said. They were identified as Ponnappan, 52, from Kaduthuruthy village in Kottayam district, and Raveendran from Kozhikode.
Ponnappan’s family was intimated about his death by his colleagues late on Tuesday.
Ponnappan joined the American company and went to Afghanistan last year after retiring from the Indian Air Force. He had come home to Kerala on leave recently to attend the wedding of a close relative and returned to Afghanistan only a week ago. He is survived by his wife and two children.
Ponnappan and Raveendran were on duty when the Taliban suicide attacker riding a motorcycle struck a compound near the outer perimeter of Kabul airport. The Taliban later used a recognised Twitter account to claim responsibility for the attack.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More