The two Indians picked up by Thai police were released on Tuesday after authorities found everything in order following their interrogation in connection with the country’s deadliest blast at a temple that killed 20 people.
The two men, whose names were withheld, had valid work permits and were legal, sources told PTI.
“Everything was found in order by the authorities,” they said.
- Thai protesters march in Bangkok, police set up barriers
- Two held with 167 kg of ganja: Cops
- Suspect in custody unlikely to be Bangkok shrine bomber but definitely a conspirator, say Thai Police
- Thai woman, unknown man new suspects in Bangkok bombing probe
- Thai police arrest foreigner, find passports in Bangkok shrine blast case
- Bangkok bombing: Thai police seek Interpol help to track Erawan shrine blast suspect
The two men were taken into custody on Sunday night after they were seen on CCTV talking to a foreign suspect wanted in Thailand’s deadliest bombing at the Brahma shrine in Bangkok which killed 20 people and injured more than 100 others.
The sources said that no charges were made against the two men who were picked up by police as part of due diligence for questioning as they lived in the room next to one where police had found bomb-making materials.
Indian security agencies had also checked the background of two men who belong to Jammu and Kashmir and Karnataka.
So far Bangkok police has issued arrest warrants have been issued for 12 suspects. Two have been arrested, both foreigners, one carrying a Chinese passport.
A combined force of police and army officers on Sunday raided several apartment buildings and rental houses in the Nimit Mai area of Min Buri district.
Col Wattana Yichin, deputy commander of the Metropolitan Police overseeing Minburi police station, said the raid was part of crime suppression measures as many foreigners rent apartments and houses in the area.
A suspect who was arrested near the Cambodia border identified as Yusufu Meralli told military interrogators he had assembled the bomb for the actual bomber, who is yet to be nabbed.
The first man arrested, Adem Karadak, also known as Bilal Mohammed, has been remanded from military custody to prison.
Meralli, 25, identified the mastermind of the attack only as Izaan. He said Izaan commanded the operation by using WhatsApp chat application.
Meralli testified that Izaan left Thailand via Suvarnabhumi International Airport on August 16, a day before the bombing, for China and then headed to Bangladesh.