At least six policemen and a child were killed in a bomb blast that targeted a security van on its way to guard a polio immunisation team in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday.
According to police, the blast occurred in Sardheri Bazar area in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Charsadda district, killing seven persons.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Mardan Range Saeed Wazir said that the bomb, weighing four to five kilogrammes, was planted on a cycle.
Nine others, including two policemen, were also injured in the explosion. The injured have been shifted to the district hospital for treatment.
Today’s attack came a day after the immunisation drive in Karachi was suspended following an attack on a vaccination team in the city’s Qayyumabad area.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In another incident in Punjab province’s Bhakkar district, the vehicle of a polio vaccination team came under attack, Dawn news reported.
The attack left the windows of the vehicle shattered, injuring the driver of the vehicle and a Lady Health Worker.
Pakistan is one of only three countries in the world where polio remains endemic, along with Afghanistan and Nigeria.