Senior Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan commander Asmatullah Shaheen Bhittani was today shot dead along with three others by unknown gunmen in the restive North Waziristan tribal area. According to security sources, unknown gunmen opened fire on their vehicle near Darga Mandi area of Ghulam Khan tehsil in the area.
A total of four militants were killed. The identity of rest of the three militants could not be confirmed yet. The attackers fled from the scene while panic gripped the area after the incident. The local residents shifted the bodies to the hospital. Bhittani had served as the acting TTP chief after Hakeemullah Mehsud’s death and also headed the Taliban supreme shura (council).
North Waziristan is one of seven regions in Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Area governed by tribal laws. The area is a safe haven for TTP militants and Al-Qaeda operatives.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations