Pro-Russian insurgents driven out of their stronghold in eastern Ukraine have converged on the city of Donetsk, where their commander says they will regroup to continue their fight against the Ukrainian government.
Ukrainian troops forced the rebels out of their stronghold of Slovyansk on Saturday, suggesting the government may finally be making gains in the months-long battle against the insurgency.
Rebels from Slovyansk and other towns taken over by the Ukrainian army were seen Sunday milling around central Donetsk, a major industrial city in the eastern region where the insurgents have proclaimed the separatist Donetsk People’s Republic.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Igor Girkin, the defense minister of the separatist republic, said in a video interview with the Russian television channel Life News that he was in Donetsk and would lead the fight from there.