Pakistan’s special court hearing the high treason case against former military ruler Pervez Musharraf on Friday rejected his petition against the appointment of the prosecutor.
Registrar Abdul Ghani, while announcing the court’s decision on the petition filed by 70-year-old Musharraf, declared it inadmissible for hearing and rejected it.
In its ruling, the court said the Islamabad High Court’s verdict on December 23, 2013 had declared the prosecutor’s appointment notification as valid. Musharraf’s counsel Anwar Mansoor had challenged the appointment of prosecutor Akram Sheikh.
The three-judge bench headed by Justice Faisal Arab had reserved its decision on the Sheikh’s appointment on March 26.
Musharraf’s legal team had alleged that the prosecutor was biased against the former president, dubbing him a “persecutor” rather than a prosecutor.
On March 31, Musharraf was formally charged for subverting and circumventing the Constitution by imposing emergency on November 3, 2007. Musharraf had rejected the charges levelled against him. The court had on April 16 ruled that daily hearings would be held starting April 24.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016