Pakistan army launches ground offensive in North Waziristan
Pakistan army Monday launched ground operation in North Waziristan tribal region, beginning a new phase in its major offensive against Taliban militants.
“After the evacuation of all civil population, ground operation commenced in and around Miranshah early Monday morning,” military spokesman Maj Gen Asim Saleem Bajwa said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He said house-to-house search of the Miranshah town is being carried out by troops and special service group.
“So far 15 terrorists have been killed in ground offensive. Troops have recovered underground tunnels and IEDs preparation factories inside the, so far, cleared area,” he said. Three soldiers were injured in exchange of fire.
Meanwhile, integrated fire of artillery, tanks and other heavy weapons was moving towards terrorists concentrations in Mirali and other areas.
Cordon is in place at other areas housing terrorists.
Bajwa said since start of operation ZarbeAzb on 15 June, 376 terrorists have been killed while 19 others surrendered.
At least 61 terrorists hideouts have been destroyed in the last 15 days.
Bajwa said 17 soldiers were also killed in the operation.
He said that relief activities were also going on to help the displaced people.