At least three persons were on Thursday killed and 22 injured when a powerful bomb exploded outside a mosque in Karachi’s Delhi Colony, minutes after Friday prayers.
The bomb was planted in a rickshaw which was parked near the mosque, police official Khaliq Sheikh said.
Three persons were killed while 22 others were injured in the blast that occurred soon after the Friday prayers in the Gizri area near the upscale Clifton locality.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
This is the first time that such a major explosion has taken place in the Gizri area, close to Clifton.
“There is a deep crater near the blast but we are investigating and someone could have been a target,” he said.
Television footage showed that the blast caused massive damage with the wall of a nearby house completely destroyed and windows of nearby buildings shattered.
Geo channel reported that at least 10 vehicles, six rickshaws and many motorcycles were completely destroyed or damaged in the blast.