At least three persons were on Thursday killed and 22 injured when a powerful bomb exploded outside a mosque in Karachi’s Delhi Colony, minutes after Friday prayers.
The bomb was planted in a rickshaw which was parked near the mosque, police official Khaliq Sheikh said.
Three persons were killed while 22 others were injured in the blast that occurred soon after the Friday prayers in the Gizri area near the upscale Clifton locality.
This is the first time that such a major explosion has taken place in the Gizri area, close to Clifton.
“There is a deep crater near the blast but we are investigating and someone could have been a target,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Television footage showed that the blast caused massive damage with the wall of a nearby house completely destroyed and windows of nearby buildings shattered.
Geo channel reported that at least 10 vehicles, six rickshaws and many motorcycles were completely destroyed or damaged in the blast.