A Pakistani girl was allegedly kidnapped, forcibly married twice before being gangraped and stripped naked to avenge her brother’s elopement with a woman from the same village in Punjab province.
Sanaullah, 22, had allegedly eloped with the daughter of a man, who belongs to the Mallah caste, of the same village in Chiniot district after the families refused to marry them.
The girl’s family called a Panchayat which ruled that Sanaullah’s sister would have to marry Zahid Ali, brother of the girl who had eloped, the Dawn daily reported today.
After the decision of Panchayat, accomplices of Zahid kidnapped Sanaullah’s sister from her house, held ‘nikah’ with her and divorced her after five days, the report said.
Later, the victim was forcibly married to Zahid’s cousin Noor Ahmad.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Some days later, four members of Zahid’s family gangraped her and subjected her to torture.
“They stripped her naked, tied her with a tree in the village and called her parents to get their daughter back in return for their girl. The family got her back a month after her alleged kidnapping,” it said.
The girl approached the Magistrate at Lalian tehsil who ordered her medical examination and registration of case.
Chiniot District Police Officer Munir Zia said a Panchayat had forced the victim to marry Zahid to avenge the act of her brother in February but neither she nor her family approached the police for registering a case.
The girl submitted an application to the police yesterday and an FIR of kidnap and rape has been registered.