A Pakistani girl was allegedly kidnapped, forcibly married twice before being gangraped and stripped naked to avenge her brother’s elopement with a woman from the same village in Punjab province.
Sanaullah, 22, had allegedly eloped with the daughter of a man, who belongs to the Mallah caste, of the same village in Chiniot district after the families refused to marry them.
The girl’s family called a Panchayat which ruled that Sanaullah’s sister would have to marry Zahid Ali, brother of the girl who had eloped, the Dawn daily reported today.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
After the decision of Panchayat, accomplices of Zahid kidnapped Sanaullah’s sister from her house, held ‘nikah’ with her and divorced her after five days, the report said.
Later, the victim was forcibly married to Zahid’s cousin Noor Ahmad.
Some days later, four members of Zahid’s family gangraped her and subjected her to torture.
“They stripped her naked, tied her with a tree in the village and called her parents to get their daughter back in return for their girl. The family got her back a month after her alleged kidnapping,” it said.
The girl approached the Magistrate at Lalian tehsil who ordered her medical examination and registration of case.
Chiniot District Police Officer Munir Zia said a Panchayat had forced the victim to marry Zahid to avenge the act of her brother in February but neither she nor her family approached the police for registering a case.
The girl submitted an application to the police yesterday and an FIR of kidnap and rape has been registered.