In a bid to set a new world record, over 35,000 Nepalese on Saturday gathered at an open ground in Kathmandu to form the world’s largest “human national flag”.
Around 35,000 people carrying placards assembled at Tundikhel ground as they made a huge portrait of Nepali flag for setting the Guinness World Records for the largest human flag. The event was organised by ‘The Human Value for Peace and Prosperity’.
The human flag was 128 metres wide and 168 metres long, the organisers said. The flag was captured in a camera from an helicopter.
The video footage of the world’s largest human flag will be sent for Guinness Book of World Record as a proof, said Bhavesh Khanal, Chairman of the event.
The formation of the flag with the participation of a large number of people would display the message of unity and the feeling of nationalism, Minister for Youth and Sports Purushottam Paudel said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pakistani flag currently holds the record for the world’s largest human flag. Around 29,040 Pakistani nationals had gathered at the National Hockey Stadium in Lahore to create the flag in February this year.