The wreckage of a missing Nepal Airlines plane carrying 18 people was found on Monday in the country’s mountainous west and rescuers are trying to ascertain if there is any survivor. The Twin Otter was found crashed at Masine Lek in Arghakhanchi district. “We have found the aircraft crashed in the site, but it is yet to be confirmed, whether the passengers and crew members survived or not,” Nepal Police spokesman Ganesh KC said.
According to media reports, no one is believed to have survived in the crash. Security personnel located the crash site after tracking the mobile phone carried by Captain Shanker Shrestha. The 19-seater plane carrying 15 passengers including an infant and three crew members lost contact with air traffic controllers shortly after taking off from the popular tourist town of Pokhara yesterday.
The aircraft from the state-run carrier was travelling to the town of Jumla. Heavy rain hampered yesterday’s efforts to locate the plane with two helicopters forced to turn back because of bad weather. One of the passengers was from Denmark and the rest were from Nepal, said airline spokesman Ram Hari Sharma.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free