Malaysian Airlines Kuala Lumpur-Bangalore flight MH192 made a safe landing in Kuala Lumpur after it was forced to make an air turnback after the “aircraft’s right-hand landing gear malfunctioned upon takeoff”. The plane made an emergency landing at KLIA around 2 am local time.
The incident came to light after Malaysian Airlines tweeted from its official account that the flight was on its way back.
MH192 was scheduled to land in Bangalore at 11.35 pm IST.
A statement from Malaysian Airlines said: “Flight MH192, operated on the B737-800 aircraft, was scheduled to arrive in Bangalore at 11.35pm the same day. The flight was carrying a total number of 166 people on board which include 159 passengers and 07 crew members.”
Earlier, real-time flight trackers showed that the aircraft was close to landing at the Kuala Lumpur airport. But its flight path clearly showed that the aircraft had been circling the airport for sometime.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
There has been a flurry of activity on Twitter following the alert from the official Malaysian Airlines handle. Unconfirmed reports said the front tyre of the aircraft had burst and it had dumped fuel in the sea before returning to Kuala Lumpur.
The incident is significant in the light of the missing MH370 aircraft which was headed for Beijing from Kuala Lumpur when is went missing mid-air.