A Malaysia Airlines cabin crew member was on Thursday detained in France for questioning for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman passenger who expressed nervousness about flying with the disaster-prone carrier.
“The staff member in question was detained following allegations by a passenger travelling on flight MH20 from Kuala Lumpur to Paris on August 4 of inappropriate sexual behaviour by a member of the cabin crew,” Malaysia Airlines said in a statement.
“Malaysia Airlines expects and accepts nothing short of the highest standards of conduct from its crew and takes any such allegations very seriously,” it said. “We will naturally assist the French authorities as they conduct their investigation and would stress that the safety, comfort and well-being of our passengers is always our highest priority,” the airline said.
The incident supposedly happened when the passenger expressed nervousness about flying following the disappearance of flight MH370 in March and the downing of flight MH17 in July, the Star Online reported.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared mysteriously in March with 239 people, including five Indians on board after taking off from Kuala Lumpur on March 8.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On July 17, MH17 was shot down over Ukraine, with 298 people killed.