Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed has called for a countrywide protest Friday against the US for declaring two LeT leaders as “global terrorists”.
“The US government has declared Nazir Ahmed Chaudhry and Muhammad Hussein Gill at the behest of India. We strongly condemn the decision as both elderly men are the members of JuD and not the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT),” Saeed told a news conference Thursday at the JuD headquarters here.
The US State Department Wednesday amended LeT’s designations to add the aliases: Jamaat-ud-Dawa, Al-Anfal Trust, Tehrik-e-Hurmat-e-Rasool and Tehrik-e-Tahafuz Qibla Awwal.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Simultaneously, the Department of the Treasury targeted the financial and leadership networks of LeT by designating Chaudhry and Gill as Specially Designated Global Terrorists.
Flanked by both Chaudhry and Gill, Saeed said the JuD would defend its two members in any court of law provided the US brought forth evidence against them.
“We will hold demonstrations across the country after Friday prayer tomorrow against the US’s unjust decision,” he said.
“The United States had put a $10 million on me. I challenged it to prove me a terrorist in any court of law. The Pakistani courts have already absolved me and my organisation of any charges,” he said.
Saeed said the United States has always tried to confuse JuD with the LeT.
Saeed asked the Nawaz Sharif-led government to defend its citizens instead of “pleasing the US”.