Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed has called for a countrywide protest Friday against the US for declaring two LeT leaders as “global terrorists”.
“The US government has declared Nazir Ahmed Chaudhry and Muhammad Hussein Gill at the behest of India. We strongly condemn the decision as both elderly men are the members of JuD and not the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT),” Saeed told a news conference Thursday at the JuD headquarters here.
The US State Department Wednesday amended LeT’s designations to add the aliases: Jamaat-ud-Dawa, Al-Anfal Trust, Tehrik-e-Hurmat-e-Rasool and Tehrik-e-Tahafuz Qibla Awwal.
Simultaneously, the Department of the Treasury targeted the financial and leadership networks of LeT by designating Chaudhry and Gill as Specially Designated Global Terrorists.
Flanked by both Chaudhry and Gill, Saeed said the JuD would defend its two members in any court of law provided the US brought forth evidence against them.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We will hold demonstrations across the country after Friday prayer tomorrow against the US’s unjust decision,” he said.
“The United States had put a $10 million on me. I challenged it to prove me a terrorist in any court of law. The Pakistani courts have already absolved me and my organisation of any charges,” he said.
Saeed said the United States has always tried to confuse JuD with the LeT.
Saeed asked the Nawaz Sharif-led government to defend its citizens instead of “pleasing the US”.