A British politician of Indian origin was among 21 people killed in a Taliban suicide attack on a popular restaurant in the Afghan capital.
Britain’s Foreign Office Saturday confirmed the death of Dharmender Singh Phangurha, also known as Del Singh. He was a Labour Party candidate from the South East for the European Parliament, BBC reported.
The attack occurred Friday evening when a bomber blew himself up outside Taverna du Liban restaurant in the upmarket neighbourhood of Wazir Akbar Khan. Two gunmen then entered the restaurant and started “indiscriminately killing” people inside.
Two Americans, two Britons, two Canadians, a senior International Monetary Fund representative from Lebanon and four UN staff were also killed in the attack.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked