Over 100 people were killed and 893 injured in hundreds of accidents during the first two days of the Songkran festival that Thai people celebrate to welcome the arrival of spring.
Sixty-three people were killed and 491 injured in 471 accidents on April 12, the second of the “seven dangerous days” (April 11-17) of the Songkran festival, authorities at the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.
Saturday’s figures added up the number of people killed and injured in the first two days of April 11-12 to 102 dead and 893 hurt in 850 accidents, Bangkok Post reported on Sunday.
Major causes of accidents are drunk driving (38.43 per cent) and speeding (25.27 per cent).
Songkran is like Holi but instead of colours Thais use talcum powder mixed in water with ice in it.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Monday, Thais will celebrate Songkran festival as their traditional New Year according to their lunar calendar.