One person was killed and two others injured tonight when shots were fired at a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plane landing at the Peshawar airport.
The shots were fired at the Boeing flight PK756 carrying nearly 180 passengers from Riyadh in Saudi Arabia to Peshawar said PIA spokesman Mashood Tajwar.
I can confirm two people were injured – a steward and a woman passengers,” he said. But news channels reported that the woman had expired while two others on the flight were injured.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tajwar said engineers were inspecting the airplane after it landed safely and passengers were evacuated.
“They were 178 passengers besides crew members on the flight,” Tajwar added.
A police official said the shots could have been fired from a nearby residential area which is close to the airport.
“We have to see whether the plane was targeted or whether it was hit by bullets from aerial firing which is common in these areas,” he added.
On July 8, around 10 terrorists stormed the old Karachi airport terminal building in which 29 people were killed and security forces also gunned down all the terrorists.
There has been a high security alert at all airports around the country since the military started an offensive against foreign and local terrorists in North Waziristan.