One person was killed and two others injured tonight when shots were fired at a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plane landing at the Peshawar airport.
The shots were fired at the Boeing flight PK756 carrying nearly 180 passengers from Riyadh in Saudi Arabia to Peshawar said PIA spokesman Mashood Tajwar.
I can confirm two people were injured – a steward and a woman passengers,” he said. But news channels reported that the woman had expired while two others on the flight were injured.
Tajwar said engineers were inspecting the airplane after it landed safely and passengers were evacuated.
“They were 178 passengers besides crew members on the flight,” Tajwar added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
A police official said the shots could have been fired from a nearby residential area which is close to the airport.
“We have to see whether the plane was targeted or whether it was hit by bullets from aerial firing which is common in these areas,” he added.
On July 8, around 10 terrorists stormed the old Karachi airport terminal building in which 29 people were killed and security forces also gunned down all the terrorists.
There has been a high security alert at all airports around the country since the military started an offensive against foreign and local terrorists in North Waziristan.