A fire in a construction area at a bus terminal near Seoul killed six people and injured 38 on Monday, emergency officials said.
The fire was suspected to have started during welding work in the basement of the building in Goyang city, just north of Seoul, said Ha Jong-keun, an official at an emergency office in Gyeonggi Province which governs the city.
The terminal building also has a multiplex movie theatre and a shopping mall, but witnesses told local media that not many people were at the scene at the time of the fire, reported about 9 am on Monday. Ha said the fire was put out in 20 minutes.
The fire left three people with serious injuries and the rest have light injuries, Ha said.
Emergency officials earlier said seven people died but corrected the toll to six. The misinformation was provided because one of those seriously injured was assumed to be dead but was resuscitated with CPR, said officials who requested anonymity citing department rules.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Ha said officials haven’t identified the six dead people except that three are men and three are women. He said at least five of them were found on the second floor of the building.