A fire in a construction area at a bus terminal near Seoul killed six people and injured 38 on Monday, emergency officials said.
The fire was suspected to have started during welding work in the basement of the building in Goyang city, just north of Seoul, said Ha Jong-keun, an official at an emergency office in Gyeonggi Province which governs the city.
The terminal building also has a multiplex movie theatre and a shopping mall, but witnesses told local media that not many people were at the scene at the time of the fire, reported about 9 am on Monday. Ha said the fire was put out in 20 minutes.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The fire left three people with serious injuries and the rest have light injuries, Ha said.
Emergency officials earlier said seven people died but corrected the toll to six. The misinformation was provided because one of those seriously injured was assumed to be dead but was resuscitated with CPR, said officials who requested anonymity citing department rules.
Ha said officials haven’t identified the six dead people except that three are men and three are women. He said at least five of them were found on the second floor of the building.