Five Indians, including three from a family, were among the 239 people on board the Malaysia Airlines plane that went missing on Saturday.
The Ministry of External Affairs said the five have been identified as Chetna Kolekar, 55, Swanand Kolekar, 23, Vinod Kolekar, 59, Chandrika Sharma, 51, and Kranti Shirsath, 44. An Indian-origin Canadian, Muktesh Mukherjee, was also on board the flight. Sources said the Kolekar family is from Mumbai, Sharma from Chennai, and Shirsath from Pune.
Sharma, executive secretary of the International Collective In Support of Fishworkers, was en route to Mongolia to attend an Asia Pacific regional conference organised by the Food and Agriculture Organisation.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
She originally hails from Haryana. She has been a resident of Chennai since 1993, having married a Tamil, said her colleague N Venugopal. Sharma and her husband K S Narendran have a daughter, Meghna, who studies in Delhi. Meanwhile, the Indian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur has sent two diplomats to the airport to liase with the Malaysian authorities and assist the families.