Five Indians, including three from a family, were among the 239 people on board the Malaysia Airlines plane that went missing on Saturday.
The Ministry of External Affairs said the five have been identified as Chetna Kolekar, 55, Swanand Kolekar, 23, Vinod Kolekar, 59, Chandrika Sharma, 51, and Kranti Shirsath, 44. An Indian-origin Canadian, Muktesh Mukherjee, was also on board the flight. Sources said the Kolekar family is from Mumbai, Sharma from Chennai, and Shirsath from Pune.
Sharma, executive secretary of the International Collective In Support of Fishworkers, was en route to Mongolia to attend an Asia Pacific regional conference organised by the Food and Agriculture Organisation.
She originally hails from Haryana. She has been a resident of Chennai since 1993, having married a Tamil, said her colleague N Venugopal. Sharma and her husband K S Narendran have a daughter, Meghna, who studies in Delhi. Meanwhile, the Indian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur has sent two diplomats to the airport to liase with the Malaysian authorities and assist the families.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched